Art Competition 202312 October, 2023
The Credit Union Art Competition 2023 is here! The theme for the 2023 Credit Union Art Competition is ‘My COMMUNITY & Me’.
This year’s theme gives participants the opportunity to consider their local community and their place within. What makes their community different? Is it the people within it? Is it the beauty they see every day? We look forward to seeing how our budding artists interpret the theme ‘My Community & Me”
The competition, now in its 40th year, is one of the most prominent and longest-running
competitions of its type across Ireland.
The competition is free to enter. There are no age limits and it is open to aged seven years and
under right through to 18 years and over. There are two overall categories – General Category & Additional Needs Category – Age limit applying as at December 31st 2023.
Winners at local level will go on to a regional level, and regional winners will progress to the national final in December 2023.
This year’s closing dates for each stage of the competition are as follows:
|Stage 1||Credit Union Level||Friday 20th October|
|Stage 2||Chapter Level||Friday 17th November|
|Stage 3||National Final Level||Wednesday 6th December|
The winning entries from stage one will be passed to Chapter for adjudication at a regional (second) stage before the winners only at this level are forwarded to the Irish League of Credit Unions (ILCU) for final (national) judging.
We would like to wish all everyone the best of luck in the competition and look forward to seeing all your artwork.
1. As this is an Art Competition, there is no need for the artist to illustrate the text of the theme on the art piece. What we are looking for is how they interpret the theme through their art.
2. All entries must be submitted in either A3 (420 x 297mm) or A2 (594 x 420mm) and in landscape orientation. Other sizes and portrait oriented entries will be disqualified from adjudication.
3. The competition seeks to encourage young artists to draw or paint on this year’s theme,
using pencil, charcoal, pen or ink, felt-tip markers, crayon, pastel, water colours, gouache,
acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage.
4. Entrants may only submit one entry and it must be accompanied by a fully completed entry
form and returned by the notified closing date.
5. Entry forms must be securely attached to the back of each individual entry art work.
6. Ages as at 31st December 2023.
Please download the Entry Form here
Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org